Everyone loves a good slice of cake (especially at Christmas), so pop your apron on and have a go at this ginger bread loaf recipe. It’s so simple to bake and tastes perfect with a nice hot cuppa (preferably curled up on the sofa).
As part of our Ginger Advent Calendar 2017, embrace the gingerness with this recipe!
100g soft margarine
100g soft brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaton
175g self-raising flour, sifted
2 teaspoons ground ginger
How to do it
1. Pre-heat the oven at 160 C on the fan setting. Grease a deep 15cm cake or loaf tin.
2. Beat the margarine and sugar together until creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs.
3. Next, fold in the flour and ginger.
4. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
5. Check with a skewer that the mixture is cooked throughout, and if so, then turn out of the tin to cool.
Original recipe taken from Hamlyn New All Colour Cookbook